Monday 25 July 2011

Out of Alignment...

Today I was in pain! I slept funny and woke up with my neck feeling really sore and my ribs feeling out of alignment. I couldn't wait to get to work so Dr. LeSage could fix me up with a chiropractic treatment.

It was supposed to be my first day on a better nutrition plan (trying on my own while I wait for my assessment results to come in and my new nutrition plan to be created) however, it didn't go well. I was short on time so I toasted a pancake that was left over from Sunday's regular breakfast menu. It wasn't the best way to start but today was grocery shopping day so we were pretty short on food. I took left over baked tilapia and whole wheat rice for lunch and baby carrots and an apple and peanut butter for snacking throughout the day. At least that part was super healthy! I snuck in some chocolate, not a lot but still had some.

After work I went shopping and set myself up on the right track for this week's nutrition plan. I brought home baked chicken and potatoes with a fresh  lite caesar salad for dinner. By the end of the day I was inline with my calorie intake of 1200-1400 cals per day. Somewhat of a success although I could have made healthier choices.

My treatment today consisted of adjustments to my cervical and thoracic spine (my ribs are in place again!!) as well as hand and wrist treatments. Starting out in massage therapy has its growing pains and my hands are sure feeling it. I hope to begin regular treatments with a fellow RMT on Fridays; we both need it.  It was a great feeling to be in alignment again, The best part of chiropractic treatments is the instant relief you feel; muscles tend to get sore the next day but that is normal. The rest of the day went very well for pain level.

It was also recommend to me that I included 2 Migun bed treatments per week as part of my treatment protocol so Mondays and Wednesdays will include a 30 minute treatment on the Migun bed. If you haven't heard of this then listen closely.....It's incredible! It combines 5 therapies into one treatment. Heat, Massage, Chiropractic, Acupressure and Acupuncture. The acupuncture point is felt with finger like pressure not needles. You rest on your back atop the Migun bed and for 15 or 30 minutes you feel rolling, heated jade stones along your spine right down to your heels. It feels wonderful. Jade stones have a healing quality and are the best conductors of heat so they feel amazing. Your muscles are stretched, your spine is realigned and the whole time you are relaxing with heat. It is detoxifying and oxygenating for blood cells which has anti-aging benefits. (love it!) The best part for me is that it has the same circulatory benefits of a 60 minute run. This is great for me since I haven't been able to get through a workout in weeks. I burned close to 600 calories in one 30 minute session. I did feel a little dizzy coming off of it today but hopefully with my PA treatment protocol I will get my B12 up and keep it there so I don't continue to feel this way each day!

If you are interested in the Migun bed there is one at  Be Well  and if you've never tried it you can have a free 15 minute session to try it out! Try it,  you'll really enjoy it.

Now off to bed to regenerate for tomorrow. I work at Active Body in the morning and then Be Well in the afternoon; it'll be a long day. 8 hours of sleep is needed for the body and I try to get at least that amount in each night!

This is me.... creating wellness in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment