Wednesday 3 August 2011

Expectations.....

I have learned that having expectations leads to disappointment so I have tried to set goals and reach for them rather than expecting something to happen or change. I suppose it's understanding the difference between visualizing an achievement versus expecting it to happen. I can visualize my goals being achieved but I cannot just expect them to happen. I have set goals and will work my best to attain them.

Yesterday was a struggle. I worked super late and had no time in the morning to plan my meals for the day. I left the house with leftover pizza and 2 Lara bars. Not super balanced but I had to make it work. The worst part was dinner, McDonalds. Really? I am very much aware of my extreme weakness to terrible food when I am starving, that is why I pre-plan meals so I won't be in that situation. Yesterday I was tested and I failed. Today I move forward with confidence that I will not repeat my mistakes by planning ahead and always being prepared.

I'd like to share where I get many of my healthy choice recipes and ideas!! I've been using this website for many years now and I love it!! Hungry Girl is a website with great healthy ideas for meals. She has taken some classic fans like the Big Mac and made it healthier!! It's a great resource so you can make your new healthy lifestyle include some wonderful and tasty foods!!! There is an option to subscribe to her emails (which I do!!) and she has many cookbooks out! They are all awesome! She also just completed her first season on the Cooking Network and is set to film more in the fall! Enjoy!!

I found out that along with my B12 shot on Thursday I also get my results from my wellness assessment! I'll share it all...the good, the bad, and the ugly. After all, it's what I need to succeed on this wellness quest!

This is me...... creating wellness in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment